Cultural Competence: Cross-Cultural Training
How deep do you think your cultural influences run?
Our differences in attitudes and behaviors are conditioned by cultural values, assumptions, bias and perceptions that are instilled early on in life and are expressed in the way we behave and interact. Our cultural beliefs are typically so ingrained in us that we act upon them subconsciously, from the way we stand and talk to the way we handle conflict and decision-making. Because our actions are so instinctive, they can lead to miscommunication and even misunderstanding in the work place and beyond.
Companies today are expanding the role of teams in the workplace in an effort to empower employees and improve organizational effectiveness. The more we try to work as a team, the more important it becomes to recognize that people exhibit different behavioral styles and cultural differences.
Cross-Cultural Competency Training is designed to enlighten both staff and management teams about these cultural differences and intricacies. The goal of this education is to instill an understanding and appreciation of diverse populations in the workplace . The results of this achievement lead to a more effective and productive work place.
Our expert facilitators will:
- Engage attendees through powerful assessments, collaborative exercises and real world scenarios
- Develop new insights, considerations and actions in your team to help your organization make extensive progress in uniting the team about a common purpose, understanding, and vision for inclusive.
- Touch the hearts and mind of individuals at all levels of corporate, non-profit and government organizations
- Provide attendees with the skills they need to communicate and excel in inclusive work environments
Our model is “CURE”- Collaborate, Understand, Respect and Engage.
- Learn how to avoid misconception based on cultural differences.
- Appreciate the role of communication styles in work environment and work effectively with people with different background.
- Identify how culture influences the perceptions, values, attitudes, communication and behavior.
- Learn how to adjust behavior during interactions with colleagues from other cultures.
Techniques used in Cross-Cultural Competency Training:
- Self-reflection and assessment
- Short lectures
- Role plays
- Small group discussion
- Question and Answer session
Interested in how Cross-Cultural Competency training can improve your organization's effectiveness? Click here to inquire for more information.